Monday, June 14, 2010

In the words of Stephanie Tanner - " How Rude!"

Has common courtesy been totally lost in this world today?  I boarded the Amtrak to work today and was taken totally off guard when I could not find a seat.  I am absolutely amazed by the number of rude people on this train.  There are people sleeping on two chairs.  There are couples taking up the four seaters.  There is even one A$$ that is sitting in the four seater all alone.  One seat for is trash, one seat for his feet and luggage and one seat for his butt.  Even when we walked up and down the train looking for a seat NO ONE moved their stuff.  I walked by the guy with four seats and was going to as him to move his stuff, but my friend would not let me.  It is 8am and this is really not how I wanted to start my day.  Ok so here is my other beef.  Though I really like some of the conductors are GREAT, but are you telling me that they did not see how fast the train was filling up and all the people taking up more then their fair share of seat?  I think that if you are going to take 4 seats you should have to PAY for 4 seats.  They always threaten it but they never do it.  Ok I mean I sleep on the train too, but as least I only take up one chair. 

All of this has made me take a look at a few other times where common courtesy has been lost.  Opening the doors for women.  When was the last time a man (not your husband or family member) held the door open for you?  Giving your chair up for the elderly or women with children.  Daily on the metro I see men sitting down in the chairs while women stand with their kids and fall or stand very uneven with them.  Saying excuse me instead of pushing past people and crowds.  What happen to the world I grew up in?  You know the time when you used to listen to your elders and show them respect.

Again in the words of Stephanie Tanner - " How Rude!"

No comments: