Thursday, June 10, 2010

No Power on the Metro

Today there was a 40 min delay on blue line. Train was rather empty until it sat there for 40 mins. Then we were squished in like sardines. The funny thing everyone was uncharacteristically nice about it. There was a train ahead of us that had lost power.  So we had to wait for it to be fixed and be on its way before we could leave. While I sat waiting on the stuffy, hot, some what uncomfortable train, I had a chat with the lady sitting next to me. After riding this train pretty much daily you can tell when someone is walking down the aisle and is gonna sit by you and well I knew she was.  You can also tell who you can or want to talk to and who you should not.  After about 10 mins she looked at me and we began our conversation.  We discussed the attitudes of the others on board and how nice it was that no one was causing problems or complaining.  We discussed how it must suck to be stuck on the train under ground and have no way of getting a hold of you boss if you were on the way to work at that time.  Which by the way would really suck if anything bad happened as there is not cell service underground.  That is a tad bit scary.  Once the train left and got above ground we ended our conversation for a while and I returned to my book and she got on the phone.  She was speaking to her son most of the way about his family and stuff like that. After she hung up she spilled his story to me. (I guess yesterday i looked like a therapist because she was the second person to spill her guts to me.)  Let's just say ugh. That kid needs to get some self confidence and take control of his life. The girlfriend takes advantage of him and disrespect his family.  She was very sad for him but was not going to keep holding his had through this, because he was old enough to stand up for himself and needed to take control of his life.  As we parted I told her I would pray for her and her son and I left the train.

I find it amazing that there are days when you just need someone to listen and God provides.  I'm glad I was there for this lady.  I'm also glad she was sane and clean.  LOL  Come on no ones perfect I have to count those blessing too.

No comments: