Monday, September 22, 2008

A new chapter of life begins

Today, September 22, 2008, I started a new chapter in my life.  I have moved on from a life of playing, coloring and dancing around all day back to the hustle and busy life of an advertising executive.  As in any new chapter in life things are both scary and exciting.  We look at the new job as a new step in life, but we also look back and think "OMG did I make the right decision?"  Of course only time can answer that question for us.  I look at this as a new chapter in my life and a place that God wants me to be.  

So in true Terri fashion, I have decided that I am going to make the best of my new commute and let whatever God has planned for me happen.  Wait sorry I should back up and give some of my readers some background information.  For the last two years I have been the assistant director of a Kindercare Learning Center and a teacher of a 3 year olds.  I have spent a lot of time playing around and just having a ball. I have met some really awesome people and some hopefully life long friends.  After some turmoil in life and at work, I decided that is was time to go back and get a "big girl" job.  (Ok if you are reading this and you are a teacher friend this is by no means my way of putting you down...If I could teach the rest of my life or run a school I would.  I just don't have the ability to do that at this time in life.  I appreciate how hard you all work and how hard some of you worked for and with me.  Love you all to pieces.)  After sending out a few emails to see if anyone knew of anyone hiring, I got and email from my old boss at AOL.  Julie and I had always said that if I wanted to go back to advertising it would definitely be somewhere I can work again with her.  Enter in my new job at the LAtimes.com.  Yes, you read this correctly I am commuting from San Diego daily to downtown Los Angeles.  Now you are caught up...and now you get the name of this blog.

I have decided that I will be writing my tales of the rails.  I had originally thought I would sleep for an hour in the AM and then put my makeup on and do my hair.  However, today has proved to me that life is too short to sleep it away when you can have great, silly and OMG conversations with new friends daily.  Besides just think of all the people watching I get to do.  So welcome to my tales of the rails...hope you enjoy the ride.


No comments: