Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sunday - Monday 9/28-9/29 (Post #7)

Well this week's commute started out a little earlier than normal due to the fact that there was a 9:30 am big wig meeting on Monday morning and I did not want to risk the chance of being late. So instead of going to LA monday morning I decided to jump on the train Sunday night. Then my wonderful parents picked me up in Santa Ana. Ok do you really think it was that easy...is anything I do easy. So I had a soccer game at 3pm on Sunday and the train was leaving at 5:56pm which of course means I need to go straight to the train from my game. OH FUN! I got over it quickly and just dealt with it. I played about 75% of the game which we played like CRAP, but that is another story. I got taken out and really thought my knee had finally blown. Yippee just really sore...on to the second half. We win 3 to 2. Yeah us. I grab my stuff and head to the train station. Left shin throbbing and my right knee blazing with pain. I hobbled up the stairs...because all of the downstairs seat are reserved or for the elderly and found a seat next to some older gentleman. Cold, smelly and in pain. YEAH ME.

Oh forgot to add that the guy next to me farted like 3 times!

Monday comes and the Perkins family carpool leaves for work. BTW my dad actually has a carpooling pass that included a dependent child....ME. HAHA j/k it was from when he used to take Mattie to school. The green line was pretty cool today. I spent about 20 minutes talking to a man in a hoveround. He worked for Boeing and has been in the aerospace for years. Currently he is working on designs for space and mars colonies. He is also working on a satellite that will capture solar energy to help run the earth. Pretty cool! The rest of the commute was boring. However, I have decided that I am going to try to sit by the first cute guy I see with an open seat from now on. I mean if no one is gonna be nice and talk to me at least I can have something to look at. Right? ;-)

Since the day was lame....here are some pictures of the subway in LA.

No comments: