Friday, September 26, 2008

Wednesday 9/24/08 (Post #4)

Picture this: Ma and Pa Perkins leave the house daily at 7:10 am to commute together daily. Pa Perkins drops Ma off at work and then heads to his office. Ahh so cute, can it get better? Of course…today the Ma, Pa and Middle Perkins commuted to work together. It was a picture of green peace waiting for a cover of a magazine. We will save the planet a little at time. Pa dropped me off at the Redondo Station to start my uneventful commute in.

Here is what we looked like:


Green line and Blue lines were unexpectedly boring. Except for the fact that only one person was getting off and 20 people were getting on. Can you say sardines? It was such a mix of people. My only highlight of this leg of the trip was that there was a man – let’s call him Budda. He started talking loudly about how much meditation relieves stress. Then he started to say “you just need to say (for lack of the real words) Kasha basha fasha.

Here is the best conversation to date: Ok so I am on the red line on the way to work. These 3 African American ladies get on. One of the ladies was talking about her job and how she never wears her jacket because people always ask her questions. She said she couldn’t stand it when people walk up to her face and start asking all these questions.
“Like that one big bitch (some homeless) she gets all up in your shit asking questions and she stinks. “
Then another lady said “oh yeah that girl stinks. She gets so close to you and all you want to say is get the hell away from me you smell like shit. I always tell her to get off the train there is no begging on the metro.”
Then another lady say “You must be talking about Crystal, she is one big bitch. Yeah she gets all up in your shit.”
“You’d think she could smell herself”
“No girl, people who smell like that don't think they smell. They all think you are the one. Girl they don’t need to shower, their shit smells like roses.”
“I was like shit girl you want some deodorant.

I could not stop laughing. We’ve all met someone that stinks.

PM Drive:
Ok the brainchild that I am set my alarm for 4:45 pm…I have to LEAVE at 4:45pm not start to pack up. I got out of the building and went running at 4:53pm. I ran and ran and ran. Wait maybe now is a time to tell you about the make up of the stations. I walk up and down 200-300 stairs daily as well as dealing with 2 hills. This time I promise I am not exaggerating on the amount of stairs. Yes of course there are escalators, but when you are late you can’t wait for those. I got to the train and found my seat. This time I sat with two young girls. One from bear valley going to Fullerton and one from Russia who was working here for the summer and on her way to SD. She spent the summer working at the Hacienda in El Segundo. So far she went to San Francisco and Vegas. She was her on a work visa and had to go back to Russia in two days. She was with 5 Russians did not know each other and were now friends. We talked about site seeing in Los Angeles. She said that our museums suck. HAHA She said they went to the Getty and they told her that she may need up to 4 hours to see the whole thing. She laughed. She said you could spend 10 hours at one museum in St. Petersburg Russia and only see the 1st floor. She went on about how beautiful it is and how amazing it was. She made me want to go.

I got an email from Terri – from Canada and she was going to meet up with Kristi to give her my book. But my phone DIED and neither one of them had each other’s number and I of course did not have a phone cord for the car. Still no book!

Lesson learned bring phone charger every day!
Casualty of the day: my right foot…monster size blister!!!!! OUCH

1 comment:

Alicia said...

You gotta love african-american women. They tell the best stories and using words and sentences that only they can dream up! I'd be peeing myself, I don;t know how you were able to maintain!