Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tuesday 9/30/08

Let me start out by saying that I am a night person not a morning person at all. Ask my friends and family. I remember one girls weekend away when Denise made fun of me for grunting through breakfast. So now I get home between 7:30 and 8:00 pm depending on the train and all i want to do is eat dinner and wind down. Before I know it the clock says 11pm. AWE I have to be up at 5:30am. Hence the reason I said I was going to sleep in my first post. Today I did just that..I slept pretty much the whole way. I am amazed though at how many people I see on a daily basis that look like other people I know. So far they are just look a likes. Oh hey do you remember me telling you that I got hurt this weekend at soccer? Do you also remember me telling you that I walk hundreds of stairs everyday, if it was busy or the escalator is out? So what do you think happens today???? Yep the escalator next to the BIGGEST staircase (75 steps) was out! What of course I took a picture. All you have to do is ask my parents or my sister how much pain I was in Sunday/Monday to really appreciate this part of the story. Ouch all day long


For the PM ride I spent it talking to an 18 year old ready for boot camp Marine. He was so excited that he had all of his Marine pamphlets and brochures. He said when he got on the train that conductor asked him if he was joining the Marines and he told him that he just joined and the conductor did not charge him for the ticket. He comes from a large Irish family and most of them are Marines. He said that his family has been so lucky that to this day even starting back with WWII they have not lost a family memeber. His uncles all graduated bootcamp with the highest honors and were placed in Recon. He told him that he better be good enough for that too. He was telling me that he has a lot to live up to. He was going to spend the rest of his "free" time working on his PT.

We talked about Chad a lot. He asked me questions that I could not answer of course. I guess I should probably know more about the Marines and Chad's MOS and all that stuff to start talking to Marines. I mean you can't pick up on them if you can speak their language right? NO I was not picking up on the 18 year old. I just decided that I was only going to sit by people who look interesting or HOT. WOW that was probably the most shallow thing I have ever said. Let me try to save myself...You can look interesting but not be hot. You can look like you are going to challenge me to a great conversation. phew I caught myself.

My Marine friend and I talked a lot about our families. As I mentioned he is from an Irish family and he said that they celebrated the death of his grandma just like we did. She just passed recently too. He said they drank, talked and just remembered how much she impacted their family. It was nice to hear we are not weird...well we are weird I mean have you seen my cousins?



But normal in the loosest sense of the word.

We then moved on to the topic of sports. I told him how long I had been playing soccer for and he said that was awesome. He said he did track and football. I told him about how Ryan was playing goalie one day and then you blink and he is the field goal kicker for the Huskies. I joked about how my friends own all of these expensive shoes and my most expensive pair are my cleats. I told him why I would always choose soccer over softball. I am sure we talked about more but I don't remember and it is late...Kristi told me I had to take a shower and go to bed. So good night until we read again!

No comments: