Monday, November 10, 2008

Ouch my foot and other rambling

Can I just say OUCH!!! I have a huge blister on the side of my big toe. You'd think that I got it from soccer yesterday, but no. I got it from those real expensive shoes I bought at Walmart. :-) Well I guess it is good that my last soccer game was yesterday, for my foot that is but not for the rest of me. I understand why they end the season when they do, but seriously what about those lazy people like me who can't make themselves go out and exercise on their own. What am I supposed to do for the next two months. DON'T EVEN SAY IT! How about stairs? AHHHHHHHHHHHHH I told you not to say it.

So the other day on the way home I was hanging out in the cafe car and this guy asked me if the conductor had taken my ticket yet. I told him no, but that was normal for a Friday. He then got very inquisitive. "So how far from LA can a person go usually without their ticket being taken?" I of course answered that question and like 3 more before I realized he was just trying to figure out how to get free rides. Not that I care too much about that, but heck there are already WAY MORE THAN ENOUGH people on Fridays.

Today on my way back from the bathroom where I was getting ready for work, I noticed a little kids sleeping. Yes I've seen tons of kids sleeping over the years, but this one was so cute. He laid the sleeper car chair all the way back, put the foot rest up and laid down. He had his head on the foot rest and the rest of he body was curled up and bundled up in a big fluffy jacket. So Cute!

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you about the most amazing turn out at the Los Angeles times building this past week. From Wednesday through Sunday we sold over 400,000 additional issues of the day after election morning paper. There were lines wrapping around the building to buy 3,5, 10 or more copies of the newspaper. They just kept coming and coming. Buying papers, magnets, posters and plates. You would have thought we were just giving stuff away for free the way they just kept coming around. Take a look at these pictures:




p.s. I just work at the LATimes, they do not speak for me nor do I necessarily agree with their political views. :-) That is my legal out. HAHA

No comments: