Sunday, November 9, 2008

I hate stairs, I really hate stairs

An ode to stairs...

One, two, three, four it's the up up up I hate
because that is followed by five, six, seven, and eight

You'd think after two months of stairs great legs it would make
but in reality all they do is really ache

My thighs burn and my knee pops
sometimes I think I'd like to dim the pain with peppermint schnapps

I understand why you are there
But boy do you make me cuss and swear

I hate you, I hate you is all I mutter
but then I almost fall and I start to flutter

I love your friend the elevator
but when she's down boy how much I hate her

I don't think I will ever get used to you
Nor do I think I'll make it up you with our losing or tripping on my shoe

Someday I'll own and nice big house, I know this and there is no doubt,
But rest assured STAIRS it will be without!

(I know, I am the greatest poet you have ever read. Seriously I know. I totally chose the wrong field to get into)

Sorry I have not posted since 10/30. I promise to do better this week.

p.s. Why are all the cute men I meet on the train MARRIED? Do I have written on my face - looking to get married and have children? I must, because we all know that would scare away any true single men from even looking in my direction.

No comments: