Monday, November 17, 2008

There was a what on the tracks?????

Well I ran from work today (friday) all the way to the train station because I left so late and we all know what friday is like on the train. I ran up many many stairs and through the station to platform 12. What do I find? An empty platform and a whole lot of people standing around. Once I caught my breath - like 20 minutes later - I hear that the train is delayed. Oh great, there go my dinner plans. I stand around for a bit then someone comes over and says we do not know when the train will be making it back to LA and you'll need to head back into the station and wait. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, YES.
We waited for another 15 minutes when then finally said that it looks to be leaving Van Nuys in like 30 minutes. Bring it into LA at 6:15 pm and hour late. Top it off there is no bar in Union Station! Well finally it gets here and I head for my normal spot in the cafe car and to my surprise I have figured out that the reason my train is always packed is the metrolink pass holders. Damn them. Well the usual group of guys was in the cafe, of course a lot more "happy" then usually. They were stuck on the train for an hour. After a little small talk, I finally ask the question that was burning on my mind. "Why was the train late?" Wait for it, you may want to take a seat. There was a dead body on the tracks. No the train did not hit them but they either died there or was dumped. Uggh so sad.

Good news I found out about the Amtrak monthly pass holder Christmas Party. Seriously! We are all meeting at Union Station on 12/10 at 4pm. We meet at Trax the restaurant in the station and then we all head to the 5:10 pm train and all party in the last train car upstairs. I guess it is invite only! Damn I'm cool. I just have to bring a bottle of wine or appetizer. Oh yeah and call KP to pick me up from the station. :-)

Is anyone still reading this? I'm going to keep writing a few times a week. Since I sleep in the AM there is not much to write...but fridays seem to bring fun.

p.s. today I stood by some chick on the purple line and she chewed her gum like a cow. Heck I am not even sure a cow is that loud. Seriously I gave her the look twice and she did not get it. Hello!

1 comment:

Kristi Pealo said...

Yes we are still reading this!
Your too Funny,
Love ya,
Kristi