Sunday, February 15, 2009

Library on rails

Mascara: As many of you know I am not a big make-up person but I do wear some. But it only take me like 5-10 minutes. Today, I watched a girl put on mascara for 20 minutes. No seriously...she just kept brushing and brushing and brushing. I was surprised she could even bat her eyes after that. I mean is that sexy? Come on is it? I mean if it is I will try it in Vegas this week. HAHA. Can you see it? Big black spider legs eyelashes on my face with my nice new little red dress. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

Today we had a staff meeting and I totally forgot about it. Why does that matter to my blog you may ask, because it was from 3-5pm. Last train from Union station to Solana Beach is 5:10pm. And as I have already testified one should NEVER run to the train especially with a suit case. Sort of bummed that I was gonna be force to stay in LA tonight. The meeting ended at 4:45pm Yipee. I grabbed my stuff and hauled ass up and over to the subway. Of course the train doors are closing as I walk up. OF COURSE! I jump on the next one and lightly jog up the stairs and through union station. Up track 12 and no train. NOOOOOOOOOO I missed it again...no wait it is just a few minutes late. Cross my fingers a few minutes. I wait and wait then I hear it is gonna be a little longer. Well as you all know if you have been reading for sometime they never know how long it will be. So I got into the station to the info booth and she tells me with a smile oh about an hour or so late. But where are you going..you know you can take the Metrolink. Yes, thank you...but the metrolink stops at Oceanside one stop before my stop. Looks like I am hopping back on the subway and home to mom and dad. At least I have options, right.

As I hop on the blue line it gets more and more crowded. I'll be pretty bummed if the budget cuts that Arnold pushed through takes away some of the train times...these cars will be packed. Any way as we take off I start to read my book. Which by the way is a good book, but not so drawing that I have gotten that far into it. Like you care, sorry. Any way I start reading my book and about 10 minutes later I start looking around and the guy next to me is reading a book, the lady in front of me, the lady and guy next to me and the lady behind the are all reading a book. I started to giggle and just started thinking that it was like a library on wheels or rails. Don't you love how I always work the title of the post into my blog. It's like the title of a movie that makes no sense until you start watching the movie and then BAM you are like oh yeah i get it. Like Steel Magnolias..I mean there are not real steal magnolias, but then they fight over a magnolia tree. Ah ha i get it. I could go on and on about that but you are not reading to hear my ramblings on movie but my ramblings on the rails.

I failed to mention that BECAUSE of my job location and my need to ride the rails every day I missed my opportunity to meet the man of my dreams...or well maybe just a man. A local radio station but on "The Mile of Men" on Thursday and I missed it! Oh well, I guess I will stick to meeting people on the train...yeah that's working. HAHA Here check it out:

http://www.star941sandiego.com/cc-common/mediaplayer/player.html?redir=yes&mps=jeffjershowgram.php.php&mid=http://a1802.v237956.c23795.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1802/23795/v0001/cchannel.download.akamai.com/23795/3372/richmedia/MoM_montage.wmv?CCOMRRMID=25225232&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=SANDIEGO-CA&NG_FORMAT=ac&NG_ID=KMYI941FM&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&OWNER=3372&SERVER_NAME=www.star941sandiego.com&SITE_ID=3372&STATION_ID=KMYI-FM&TRACK=Mile_of_Men_09_montage#

On the way home today - Friday - there was this guy behind me and he was priceless. Not like he is hot or anything but more like are you serious buddy? LOL. First he was teaching one of his guy friends to tell his girlfriend to shut up in Arabic. Then they guy on the other line was telling him what he was going to make for dinner (I am assuming for Valentine's Day) and this guy was like Bobby Flay. You should cook this with that and no that is not good. That is all carbs you need to add this. This will make a good impression and this will make her blah blah blah. So now of course I am curious if the guy is married so I get up to go to the bathroom and check out his hand. Nope, not married but her firmly believes he know what women want and how to impress us. My favorite was this line "If you feel daring do Beets" daring? How about GROSSSSSSSSS. I mean I love to cook, oh did I tell you all that I am entering the Pillsbury $1 million Bake-Off. I'll let you know how it goes. Last thing I listened to from this guy was this..."I will never eat Ramen noodles again. I looked up the nutritional info and it is just aweful." Seriously, did you really need to read the nutritional information to know that Ramen noodles are bad for you? I mean we can just start with the amount of salt. That alone should stop you. However, I will go on record and say if you have no money for food you better eat something, who cares what that the salt amount could kill you..drink more water. HAHA Also there are a lot of things you can do with the noodles without the flavor packet. Pampered Chef has a great main dish you can make. I have also used the noodles in many different ways. Become poor one day...I think it makes you a better cook. Paula Deen did it and the Lord knows that I have been there done that as well. I still open Kristi's fridge and whip up some meal and she'll be like we had that stuff in there.

Next week's blog will be a combo of amtrak, metro and car trips. You can beat you will hear of our adventures to Vegas...4 girl car trip should bring plenty of good stories. Take Care. Last 3 days of my early thirties has arrived...mid 30's here I come. Though seriously I can't believe how fast life moves past us. Seems like yesterday that I was in college, but that was almost 13 years ago! Where does the time go. Can't even imagine my life in 5 years.

DONNY AND MARIE here I come! Oh yeah and for my 40th I will celebrate it with Linda Ronstadt. :-)

No comments: