Thursday, April 2, 2009

Broken Down Train

Picture this:

You get to the train on time and there are tons more people than there is normally. You find a seat and you get ready to work. About 10 minutes later the train takes off toward Fullerton. As I am sitting there working I start feeling very hot. I kept thinking this place is hot today. (sidenote - it is usually freezing). So as we pull into Fullerton they totally shut down the train and we sit there for a few minutes. Then over the intercom I heard that the train his having some problems and we would be shut down for a bit. About 10 minutes later they came back on the intercom and said that we are shut down for awhile. I decided to walk over to the cafe, but then I started to have flash backs of how slow they are over there. Remember when Anthony, Bryan and I took the train to see my parents and they took so long that my mom had to run up the stairs over the bridge and then back down the stairs to the closing doors of the train? Well I almost started having heart problems about how long she was taking to make my nachos just thinking about the train pulling away with my laptop on it. Oh yeah I was sweating. I grabbed the food ran up the stairs over the bridge and down the stairs and as i got to the train door pools of people start coming out. So now I have ran up and down the stairs, stressed myself out about the train leaving and then this. Everyone is told to go to track #1 where the train will be arriving there instead of the normal track #3. So for like another 10 minutes we all sat around waiting for the 5:10pm train from LA. Two Metrolinks come and go and then over the station intercom you hear: Attentions Amtrak ticket holders the south bound Amtrak will now be arriving on track #3. Please head over to track #3. It was like herding cats. We all turned around and headed right back up the stairs over the bridge and back down the stairs. Finally I am on my way home. Ok to be honest if this happens more often I would not enjoy the train much longer. LOL 4 hours to get home.

Oh there was also this Asian guy on the train, who I really dont think has taken a train before. When he got on in LA he found a seat and when the Conductor walked by to collect the tickets he said "Oh customer service agent, customer service agent here is my ticket." Then about 5 minutes later when Javon the Conductor walked by again he said "Excuse me Customer Service do you serve a meal on this ride?" Javon looked at him and said there is a cafe two cars down where you can buy food. The guy got up and 3 minutes later came back with no food. Then when he was on the other train with me he also called the new Conductor Customer Serivce Agent. Oh boy what happened next was great. He was sitting by himself in the 4 seat section that is reserved for groups of 3 or 4. When a family got on in Anaheim the conductor told him he'd have to move so that the family could sit there.
He said "You need to find me a seat."
C: "I dont have to find you a seat, you need to get up and find a seat"
Man: "No you find me seat, I pay"
C: "Sir you need to get up and move these are reserved for groups."
Man: "I not move you find me a seat"
C: "Sir you get up now or I will find you a seat off this train. So move or get off the train.
Man: "I find my seat"

LOL - sad for the man but good times for me. Oh and you because you get to read this.



No comments: