Monday, April 20, 2009

4/20/09 - updated from this morning

Well today I felt like I was running late but really wasn't. Thing is I slept horribly last night it was too hot that I tossed and turned all night. I'm more tired today than usual. I got to that station right on time and the train is announced to be 30 mins late. Oh fun. Oh well what to you do? I am sure as heck not driving. So I sat down and enjoyed my book, my coffee and the very loud man next to me's conversation. Hello! Speakerphone is not needed on the train platform. We don't care about your conversation especially since it was in another language. I mean if you are gonna use speakerphone at least speak English so we can all enjoy the conversation. P.s. My ipod is dead...no music to sleep to. Boo hoo.

Well it is 6pm on April 20th and here in sunny California it is still about 80 degrees outside. As I sit here in my big cushioned, very well air conditioned lazy boy chair in my mobile home I like to call Amtrak, I have to admit I am a tab bit jealous of all the people who are out on the beach right now as we are passing by. I have always found myself lucky to be able to see the sunrise and sunset daily over the mountains and down through the ocean. Today is no different. However, today there are hundreds of people on the beach. Families, friends, surfers, volleyball players, sand castle builders, sea shell hunters and of course the hot lifeguards keeping everyone safe. What a precious (some what spoiled) life we have here in Cali. There are small waves crashing on the sandy shore. There are children running, laughing, playing in the sand, swinging and just enjoying life. We can learn a lot from children...some times we all forget to just let go and give our worries up to God or who ever/whatever you may believe in. Kids don't worry, they just keep going. As the sun sets over Oceanside a family of Dolphins are swimming and jumping past me. What a beautiful and amazing world we have. I thank God every day for the amazing things I have in my life...especially all of you - my friend and family.

No comments: