Monday, December 15, 2008

I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain

And it is not a glorious feeling...I'm cold, wet, cold, tired, did I mention cold? I'm sure you've guessed it, there was lots of rain this morning. I don't mind so much because we need the rain...but I did make for a cold commute. I was wondering if anyone thinks cold weather makes people rude? I swear that at every station someone got in and out from either the seats in front of me or the seats behind me. They of course did not notice that I was SLEEPING! Slamming bags, throwing down table trays, shoving their seats back and forth. AS you guessed it the sleeping car was not on the train today. Boo Hoo. Needless to say it was not a great napping day...ho hum. The lady next to me from Fullerton to Union Station was reading "The Shack" as well. I think it is so great to see so many people interested in this book.

As we were pulling into Union Station I noticed that the LA reservoir or the LA River (not sure which it is) was rushing with water. The level was up to almost 7 feet. It usually has lest than a few inches in it. As we passed by I was wondering, what happens to the people who live in the Water tunnels when it rains like this? What do they do when all of their possessions are swept out of the tunnel and down the river? Just as I started to get sad, the guy in front of me says loudly...because you know everyone on the train needs to hear him. "Boy, I know I am back in America, look of all the graffiti." I just giggled. Oh did I forget to mention we got in 30 minutes late today?

Ok I hopped on the subway and rushed to work. I had a meeting at 9:45am and it was 9:35am and I still needed to walk down the hill in the snow. hail, blizzard and sleet to the office. Did I say down hill? I meant up hill, yeah up hill. Then the elevator was out so I had to walk up 5 flights of stairs with my big bag. HAHA, just kidding I would have found one of the many elevators that worked.

Cut to the end of the day commute. I thing the drive of the metro subway just learned to drive or he had a steal foot that would not get off of the break. It was like fast....stop....fast....stop. I swear there were like 5 people around me that were about to fall on their bottoms. I got up to the platform for the train and nope the train is not there. It is late...30 minutes late. And of course it is FREEZING. No seriously...yes Connie FREEZING just like back east! HAHA just kidding. It was cold and my hands felt like they were going to fall off, but hey it's LA not NY.

I ended my conversation with my friend Brittany tonight just in time to hear the scariest conversation on earth. This very normal looking girl started talking to a girlfriend on the phone. It started out normal and then she said "OMG you're never going to guess what I ate! No not Reindeer, but Reindeer heart! Yes can you believe it? I was in Switzerland and I met this chef and it was his birthday and he asked his team to make him it for his birthday. Now I want to try other things. Oh yes, I've had deer. But how about squirrel, goose or even cat. Yeah how about cat? You name the time and place and I'll eat whatever you order. I'm heading home to San Diego for the first time in a year, I'm going to tell my mom what I want to try. She'll probably look at me funny." AHHH YEAH! WHO WOULD NOT LOOK AT YOU FUNNY YOU PSYCHO! Now she is on another call, but is seems boring. HAHA

In case anyone reading this would like to spend time with me...I'll be in LA a lot the rest of this month and part of January. :-) Of course you have to chauffeur me around.

No comments: