Saturday, December 27, 2008

Simple Pleasures and other funny things

So it is Wednesday Christmas Eve and I am leaving work at 1pm. Well only an hour after everyone else. I had brought a bag of food for my friend, but she was not there. I was upset, but moved on thinking maybe I could find someone else to give it too. When I got on the Subway there was a couple that looked homeless. Medium size built black man and a very large white woman in their late 30's or 40's. I was not able to hear what they were talking about on the red line, but they ended up in front of me on the blue line. I was going to hand them the food but they never stopped talking. Yes that is where my story starts. She was talking to him about getting a checking account...sounded like someone was offering some kind of money if they signed up for the account. Then she started to tell him if he got an account and some checks it could really help them get better lives. I started to really appreciate my life no matter how messed up I've made it at times. I also really came to admire this couple's tenacity, strength, and love for each other. In our ride i was able to catch that she had a child from another marriage and that she was no better off than they were. They lived simple and 9 cent top ramen was a luxury. Her dream was to have a refrigerator and stove of her own. She told her husband that all she ever wanted was black appliances. She said with her next check she was going to purchase a set from her friend even though they were not black. Then she told her husband maybe he could spray paint them black for her. He commented on how great it would be to have a refrigerator. Then the funny commentary began. When she told him maybe he could spray paint them for her, he was like maybe. Then she said well if you don't want to drag them back outside you can just put a tarp down and spray them. He just laughed and said you know how to do it why dont you do it. I almost laughed. Then she did it..she pulled the husband card. She said because your my husband. He said no you did not pull the husband card. She said yep sure did. He said that is not ok, you want my to pull the wife card? You never pull the husband card. She said I'll pull the husband card every time I want. So then he said ok then wife, why did I have to make my own dinner last night? (At this point this guy was starting to sound like someone I knew but I could not put my fingers on it.)

The conversation turned to getting back on their feet and having extra money to get tattoos. She talked about the things she wanted and he talked about a few things. I was trying to not listen any more and get to reading my book when I heard it. The guy said he wants to get a tattoo where he can win money. Sit down this may make you fall over laughing..I almost burst out loud. He said he was going to walk around town and at bars and bet people and say "I'll bet you that I have your name tattooed on my penis" Then when people said no way, he'd bet them money drop his drawers and on his penis it would say "your name" OMG LOL! Then the best part is that it took about 5 minutes for him to explain the joke to his lady friend. She did not think it was funny. She said private parts are only for us to see. No one else will see his parts except for her. He then said that he would get "kitty's stick" or "Kitty's mouse" or let's just said that is kept coming and coming with Kitty and mouse jokes. Of course there were kids next to us. But the couple was clueless.

It was just about then that I notice that their playful banter and their strange relationship reminded me of Casey. HAHAHAHA The guy sounded like him in voice tone and personality. How funny is that. Of course I am not saying that is how we would have ended up, but it reminded me of the fun times we had bugging each other. Yes, of course there were a zillion reasons we broke up but ahh the memories.

Then at the green line transfer, I had to wait in the COLD for about 8 minutes. The train got there doors open I walked in and WOW!!!!!!!!! It was like a hot house...someone was either blazing in the train car or the two guys in there took a bath in pot smoke and bong water. HAHA I think I got a contact high. What a great way to start the Holdidays. :-)

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL AND MAY GOD BLESS YOUR 2009!

No comments: