Saturday, March 21, 2009

Pointless observations of a tired train rider (long)


Ok so right now it is 9:36pm on Saturday night and I am on the train home. I am sitting in the sleepy car. I think I might be the only person in the whole car. We are stopped in Laguna Niguel for on coming traffic. I decided that I should probably update my blog. Because Mrs. Elliott will yell at me again. I promise to try to update this more frequently.

This has been a pretty interesting week. I've taken on a few new things in my life over the last few weeks. I've started to work out for 30 minutes M/W/F at the gym at work during lunch. It is a great stress reliever to have in the middle of the day. I've got a roommate again. Bryan is back sleeping in "his" room with me, as Chad came home two Thursdays ago. I've started back into the dating field. But as we all know that train has not been a successful dating zone. LOL. I've put a date on the calendar to move out of the Pealo house. It is official as of June 2009 I will be looking for my next place to live...don't ask where I am too tired to go through all my thoughts on that. Lastly, I have resigned from the position of Nursery Director at my church due to the uncertainty of where I am going to be living in the next few months. Oh yeah gave up drinking for lent and so far so good.

Ok now that I have caught you up on my life let's get back to the train. Monday and Tuesday were pretty normal days. Wednesday I made it to the train right on time, just enough for it to open the doors and let me on. Hmmm I might want to leave the house a little earlier next time. The problem that day was that I was staying in LA that night to spend time with Denise and I had to carry my bigger bag to the car and the train plus my purse and this time plus a bag for my sister to give to my mom. I was a little bogged down. Wednesday night on the Metro home was surprisingly boring, can you believe it? (side note a cute guy just walked by and smiled at me) Oh forgot to mention I finished another book - The Wizard of Oz. If you have not read it I recommend it. It is similar to the movie but is more dark and wild. I really liked and was so excited every time I could tell my Dad all about it. Back the rails. Thursday morning I carpooled with my Dad again and took the metro to work. When I got on the greenline in Redondo Beach there was an older mexican man sleeping in the train car. See the weird thing is that the Redondo Beach station is the last station of the line so he should have gotten off, but he didn't. Well at every stop I looked back at the man and he never moved. About 3 stations later I began to hope and pray that this man was just sleeping and not "sleeping" the eternal sleep. Then after about 3 more stops I turned around and he had shifted his position so I felt a lot better. Shew! That would have been a crazy story!

On the way home on Thursday night as I was stepping off the escalator to walk into the Amtrak station I saw a man in a wheel chair go rolling towards the escalator. Oh the horrible thoughts that went through my head. I was so scared for the man. But like a pro he turned around and went backwards down the escalator popping a wheelie. Seriously! It was so awesome to watch. There was a conductor on the train on Thursday that was seriously PMSing. She was mean. She was on the loud speaker saying "If it is not living, breathing or holding a ticket, get it off the chair next to you or you will be paying for a second ticket." LOL There was also a very large group of German teenagers. The never stopped talking the whole way there. This was also the day that the lady next to me's husband called her and told her about the flying money on the 15 freeway and how he got 300 dollars of it. Come to find out that there was a car chase and the suspects threw the money out of the window to distract the cops. Didn't work - they lost. They always lose.

On Friday I took the metro line home and staying in LA. I went to a friend's 30th birthday party and then to Cowboy Country to see Christian Simmons and meet up with someone. Fun for all. This little girl and her grandma got on the blueline together with the prettiest little pink bike with a balloon attached that said happy birthday. OMG she was so adorable and so happy. I tried to take a picture but I couldn't. I miss my kids at preschool. I had such a great bond with them. Oh well I needed to get a better job.

I think I have written quite enough for now. Hope you enjoyed it. Talk to you soon.

No comments: