Saturday, January 10, 2009

First Week of January 2009

Taking the Metro most of this week so we have some good stories. While I as sitting on the blue line as we left Grand St. station this guy stands up and says "Attention every one we've got the backpacks on sale today. They are regularly $20 and today you can have one of these great bags for $5. They will come in one of these plastic (Grocery) bags." I could not believe it! Captive audience and all...come on by me shit. Too funny than as soon as we stopped he hopped of and ran for another car to sell to them. As I got off the escalator from the Blue Line another couple of guys tried to sell me some incense. "Cherry incense 10 for $1.00" He then followed us onto the train...I almost wrote ship, because I am watching Star Wars while I am typing. HAHA He followed all of us on to the green line. He started talking to this Big Beautiful Black Girl. "Hey how ya doing beautiful? You want to buy some of my incense?" She just shook her head. "Yo don't you want to smell my scents I made today? Oh ok well might I say that you are beautiful. You have blessed day my angel" She just smiled. Sweet moves huh!

The next day I am commuting with my Dad. This is fun :-) I get on the green line and picked my seat. Some girl sat in the seat next to me across the aisle, then like 2 minutes later she got up walked away and sat in the car behind me. Did I smell? Could have sworn I showered the night before. Oh well I just sat there and settled in to read my book. BTW this is my 5 book in 3 months! And every one of them I would recommend them to anyone else. So if you are looking for a good book let me know. Where was I? Oh I settled into read my book and I got really into it. Then a few stations more this lady and her son get on. He sounds very happy ( i can't see them they are behind me) he is singing the Subway Jingle "5 dollar, 5 dollar, 5 dollar foot long" So cute. Then about 5 minutes later...he was crying, screaming and crying in the train. I tried to ignore it, then I had to ignore the desire to go and try to make him stop crying. But of course I'm not in the best neighborhoods and probably would not have been a great idea. The train doors open up and I start to pray for the little guy. Asking God to help him try to tell his mom what he needs or for her to try to console him. Praying he'd be happy and singing again. As they walk away the doors close and I go back to reading. "Next station Long Beach" SHIT!!!!!!!!! That was my station. Ugh, maybe I should pay more attention to my exits then praying for the well being of others. HAHA nah a little inconvenience is worth it. So I get off on Long Beach Blvd and wait for the next train back to the blue line. Needless to say I got to work eventually.

As I am taking the escalator down to the subway this homeless man get on in front of me. I did not know he was homeless at the time. He asked someone in front of him for money for the train, she said no sorry. Oh and that was it! " Oh sorry huh, yeah the whole world is Oh sorry. Everyone is always sorry" He gets off at the bottom sits down and as I walk by he says "I bet you are Oh sorry too, all you damn people are Oh sorry" I get down to the bottom and wait for my train. This guy in his twenties was standing next to me and then all of a sudden he is standing behind me. Sort of weird but I guess he wanted to see my better side. :-)

Thursday morning I got on the train at like 7:30am. I am so tired. Staying in LA makes me lose 1 1/2 hours sleep daily. I don't get to sleep on the train...ho hum. I sat and started to read my book. I finished it and I cried the whole time. Good thing I think I am coming down with a cold and had tissue with me. What a great book! I don't care how worried about me Denise is. The book about the cat was AWESOME and kept me laughing all the way until the end...which I am sure we could have have known what was going to eventually happen at the end of a book about a cat. Got to work at 8:30am soooo early and did not leave until 6:30pm sooo late. UGH...at least when I take the Amtrak I am on the train going home not sitting on my butt at work. I finally leave and get to the subway just as the red line pulls away...then I get to the blue line just as the train pulls way...get to the Green line (say it with me) just as the train pulls away! CRAP not only did I miss it the next one is 10 minutes away and it is COLD. Oh hell. Sadly there was a couple next to me who's mom said they could not come home. She did not want pot smokers in her house. They were talking and she said only one night and then you need to sleep in a shelter. YIKES! Now that is a bad addiction...hmm smoke pot and be homeless or have a home and not smoke pot...let me think about that! Seriously? WOW. I forgot the mention the sea of purple there was on the blue line. Some 30 Kings fans decided to take the metro to the game...Erika and Bri did the same thing from Redondo Beach...kind of fun I guess. I failed to mention that I really suck at packing for LA I left me phone charger at home and my phone was dying. LAME!

Friday on the Amtrak was pretty quite. Some of the regular cafe people were gone. I sat most of the way with Tim from scripts ranch. He is a software engineer. Then Kirk and Dan came into the cafe. We started to talk about football, due to my Charger's shirt. That got us talking about Pittsburgh. From what they said the name fits. It is the pits. Dan said when he went back there his friend were like let us take you to the best restaurant in town...the only one. HAHA He said the food was ok. He could not understand why they have such a beautiful river but not restaurant or bars on them, like we do at the beaches. Seems strange. Then Kirk said the funnies thing "Yeah that is a down without a hotel with a number in the name". HAHA There were two very hot guys on train today. Caught their eye and that was it. Boo Hoo. Yeah I am home after 4 days!

No comments: