Monday, January 5, 2009

In comes 2009...there goes my train

Picture this it is 6am in glorious San Diego...the sun is still in bed and I am getting ready to leave for work. I walk outside and HOLY CRAP!!! Did someone pick up my house in the middle of the night and drop it off at the north pole? It is COLD...wait don't I have a beige car? Who's white car is that? That is my car covered in SNOW...ok I am be a bit dramatic, but usually the windows are the only thing with ice on them and you can really tell. Today my whole car from top to bottom had a thin white coat of ice on it. I was going to take my hands to it and throw it at Anthony because he was being an ass this morning, but instead I just hosed it off. Well I tried to...but the water just made more ice. Yep it was 34 degrees this morning. I left any way because I did not want to be late. I had to drive with the windows down...ugg. So I start my very cold drive with my back window frozen and my front window partly frozen...oh you're probably saying that was real safe Terri. It wasn't but I had to get to work. So I get on the five and start driving minding my own business when I just happen to look to my right and...Well have you ever been late for a play and just as you give the person your ticket they close the doors on you and say sorry you'll have to wait until the opening number is finished, or get to the dry cleaners as they put up the closed sign, or how about running to get the telephone just as someone hangs up? Well, I look to my left and there is my train. It did not hit me right away and then OMG there goes my train!!!! The train I am supposed to be on in 15 minutes and I am now where near the station. OH CRAP! Well I can't speed, because well I don't want to get pulled over. So instead I just start praying. If it wasn't for needing a snowplow this morning I would be on time I kept thinking. The prayers worked and I made it to my train with 6 minutes to spare. Did I mention it was still cold outside?

Work was pretty good, but the security guards have closed my lobby for entering and leaving. Don't they understand that I have a routine down? Well I got down to the lobby and SHIT now I have to walk all the to the other exit. If you've been to my building you'd know that it is not just around the corner. The LATimes offices are held in 4 different buildings that were then attached and connected by certain hallways and elevators..but not all! I get to the metro station and see my train and run down the stairs and guess what? No, they did not wait for me...but thanks for the good thoughts. Next train 10 minutes...uggg. Not much happened on the Amtrak tonight...some guy was playing the guitar, some guy was snoring and of course the person behind me was...let's all say it together - eating an apple.

Happy 2009

No comments: