Friday, January 30, 2009

Part one of three...I need to write more often

This is part one of three posts because I have not written all week and probably should do it more often.

So picture this the announcer says "Civic Center, last call" and you finally realize that you have almost missed your stop. You and a girlfriend jump up and run for the door. You get stuck in the slamming door! All the bystanders hear is "Doors are closing please stand clear" All you hear is your whole body getting crushed in the doors (not really they don't totally close). You squeeze out and your friend tries to jump in and replace you as a door stop...you make it out and she gets stuck behind the closing doors! Ok maybe if it was actually you, you'd probably not think that it wsa too funny. However, if you are the bystander...OMG you try not to laugh. Seriously, it is the metro you have to be alert. They don't care it is open and close with in 30 seconds. You snooze you lose. Ok I really was not that mean, I did not laugh. I actually told her friend when she got off at Union Station that she could jump right back on the train about to leave across the track.

I love the smell of men's cologne. Most any type really makes me melt. I love to walk by a great smelling guy, waiting in line behind one, and cuddling with one. But today I stalked one. HAHA Ok I was not really stalking him, but he walked in front of me and WOW he smelled great. Unfortunately he was not my type. You are asking yourself..Terri should you have type? I mean you're single. Beggars can be choosers. Where was I? Oh so he walked past me and I smelled him. Then instead of going up the escalator, I took the STAIRS! Yep, he smelled that great. Then he got on the long escalator and I loved him more. He saved me from having to walk up 35 stairs. Alas, he walked one way after getting off the escalator and I went the other way. No more smell goodies.

This week on the train home there was a guy next to me playing the guitar. I'd like to say that he was serenading me. No singing but just strumming along a nice quite song.

Ok remember how I have told you about the sleepy car and how it has a bathroom and a changing room downstairs. Well I'm not sure I have told you but there is not a real exit down there. Most of them just have baggage storage, there is a door but they never open it. There is a sign posted on the wall on your way down there just in case you forget. So this week a lady who needed to get off in Fullerton grabbed her stuff and walked down those dead end stairs. As she starts walking down there we all said there is no exit there. She kept walking and then it happened...HELP HELP SOMEBODY HELP ME! (as she was banging on the window). Even the people that were sleeping jumped up to see what the commotion was. I was crying laughing. She then ran up the stairs and down the aisle and then back down the RIGHT stairs and out the door. Even the conductor was smiling.

No comments: