Wednesday, October 29, 2008

No Anthrax scare at the LAT - just fun!

I'm not sure if you heard - The FBI on Wednesday arrested a Sacramento activist on suspicion of mailing more than 120 anthrax hoax packages to addresses around the country, primarily to news organizations. We did not get a mailing that I am aware of. Instead we had this big Sale Rally. It was my first event at the LAtimes.com. It was in the auditorium and it was packed! They had a DJ, balloons, beer/wine, and pizza. Are you kidding me...BEER AND PIZZA! Let's just stop and soak that in. Does anyone else think maybe I chose to work at the right place? You'll be happy or shocked to hear that I refrained from having a beer. However, I did not refrain from the pizza - of course not. I love pizza, if they had a muppet I guess instead of cookie monster is would be pizza monster (or nacho monster).

Yesterday on the way home I met Tom and Chris. They were very fun men. Tom did the greatest impression of the cafe attendant - you know the one I posted a picture of. I laughed a lot. They know all of the conductors by name. He also said that on monday he fell asleep on his way home and one of the conductors has to wake him up. He said Jerry asked him if he was gonna give off. Tom said there was not another single person on train. Andy stopped and said Hi to me. He asked me how I was and about my day. He stood there looking at me, he was waiting for me to pack up. BUT my stupid computer would not turn off. Ugg. I asked him how he was doing and he said good but he is hungry, but just realized that he has not food at home and he did not want to go shopping. Was that a hint? Did he want me to have dinner with him? Damn I have been out of the dating game for a long time. Have I mentioned how cute he is?

Today that man on the loud speaker was saying his normal speech when I realized that I start each day on the negative. "The speech: This is your first boarding call for train 586 bound for Goleta and making all stops in between. For business class ticket holders boarding is at stop G. For all other you can board at any car." Interpretation if you are special you can load a gate G but the rest of you get on any where. We could careless. Just get the heck on. WOW what a way to start my day. I wake up trying to be positive and look forward to a great day. Then I get this, what am I up for? HAHA Funny how it takes this long for me to even hear his words. I guess that is what they call going through the motions.

Did you know that when Leonardo Da Vinci was painting the Last Supper he wanted to make sure that the painting was as realistic as it could be. So he spent days and weeks looking for the right person to pose for each disciple and Jesus. One day he found a man that he really felt embodied Jesus. He had the man come and sit for him. Then he found person after person to sit for the disciples. That last disciple he had not been able to find someone to pose for Judas. He looked for weeks ( or a long time) every where, but then he sat and decided where would a person who would have the life style of Judas be? Then he started to visit jails. After visiting many jails he finally found the one person he felted embodied Judas to a T. After arranging for many guards to bring the man to his studio he finally started to paint the final scene of his painting. As the hours passed away while he was painting he started to notice that the man looked downhearted almost in pain. After a few visits Leonardo started to really notice that the man looked uncomfortable and he looked from the painted to the painter and back again several times. Finally Leonardo asked the man if he was ok. No answer. Are you sure you ok, you look like you are in pain. No answer. Do you not like how the painting is coming out? The man answered master you don't recognize me? Leonardo said no, did he know him. He said you look at me and dont know me and it pains me. I am the man you painted long ago - I sat for Jesus. Isn't that crazy. God really showed me today that we all have a part in us that strives to be holy and good, but we can all fall into the bad and ugly. I really am aware of that in my own life, but I now I feel a little better. That was a summary of the story I read today. Embrace your strengths and weaknesses, don't try to bury them under the carpet. Walking away from them does not make them go away...they will come back up and probably in a way that you'd never want them to. Man I have been there. Love yourself for all you are.

No comments: