Monday, October 13, 2008

Tranquility on a train? - Monday AM post

Imagine this if you will...
It was a very chilly 47 degrees, winds blowing from the east and the only thing to break the peace was the sound of a locomotion heading my way. After a brief period of settling in noises (zipping bags, leaning back chairs and opening breakfast bags) the only thing to be heard was the rumble of the train on the tracks. I've leaned my chair back and I have turned on my ipod (Anthony's ipod to be exact) and closed my eyes. Every morning I take the 2 hours train ride as a time to take in the beauty of the sunrise, pray, listen to Christian music and let myself rest or sleep. However, today was so different. I leaned back closed my eyes and started to listen to my music and I was transformed to a place that was so tranquil I felt like I was the only one on the train. I'd wake up to a certain song and just feel as if God was singing straight to me. You know like when you are driving around and you don't hear every song on the radio but they all of a sudden one comes on and it totally talkes to you. I have been wrestling with some things lately and worring too much. The music lifted me up so much and helped me remember the when you dont know what else to do lift it up in prayer. I can't even begin to explain how I felt, but I am very glad no one sat next to me today. I was ready to face what ever came my way.

"When one has the feeling of dislike for evil, when one feels tranquil, one finds pleasure in listening to good teachings; when one has these feelings and appreciates them, one is free of fear."- Buddha

No comments: