Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Please don't cough in my general direction...

Is it me or do ever feel like all of the sick people in this world are gunning for you? Today I'll be writing my blog backwards from the end of my day to the start. Why? Well to keep you on your feet. Today on the ride home I swear to you I was surrounded by GERMS. No, not just the normal everyday ones that you find on public transportation, but the other ones that float all around you and end up inside you and make you sick. There were 5 people in my car alone that were coughing. Yes, sitting in all the seats near me. No, I'm not talking about a single cough here or there in like an hour. I am talking hacking up a lung and spreading all their germs into the highly air conditioned blowing it on everyone way. It make me mad because germs are so small and sneaky that they creep into our bodies without being noticed. When they get in our bodies, we don't know what hit us until we have symptoms that say we've been attacked! OMG, I have no desire to get sick. Ugg, I sure hope all of my preschool immunities live up to this mess. No silly, not the immunizations I got when I was in preschool many years ago, but the ones I got working at the preschool.

This morning the train was 15 minutes late. I wondered why when I got to the station there was not single person on the platform waiting. They must have all found out and went to get coffee and donuts. Oh speaking of donuts, there must be a store right by the station that pumps their fragrance into the air. Because almost every day on my walk to the train, I can smell this amazing, tantalizing and almost hypnotic smell. Damn now I want a donut. Where was I? Oh this is nothing you should have seen me today at work. I was all over the place. I don't mean I was so awesome I was moving all over the place to do more things. I mean I was starting and starting and never finishing anything. I had total A.D.D. I actually had to shut down all of my programs and close my documents and just sit still and take a deep breath. I then organized my thoughts and restarted my day. Shoot I did it again. Oh yes, the train was running late today, but they did not announce it for a while. As I was standing there more and more people were coming down. That is when I heard it was running late. Then one of my friends from Friday walked by. He was the cute body builder that used to work for the Charges that now is in real estate. As he was walking by I simple smiled and said HI. He then stopped and stood by me. He was pretty upset to hear that the train was running late. He was saying things like now I remember why I stopped taking this train in the morning. He said he knew that since he wanted to be at work early something like this would happen. I told him, look if you were driving and there was traffic you'd still be late. Then I said at least this way you have good company. Smooth huh! He said oh your are so new at this commuting thing, you'll get tainted soon. So cute but such a pessimist. Poor guy. He asked me if they said why the train is running late. I told him no, they had not. He said he hoped it was not a jumper. Then all of a sudden that picture and thought crossed my mind. I mean I never thought about the chances of that happening. I'm not sure how I would take it if someone killed themselves in front of my train on my way to work. Man you have to be so depressed and have such a dismal out look on life and no self esteem (to know that you can better yourself if you put your mind to it) to actually kill yourself. He said it happens a lot. So now not only will I be praying to be a blessing on someone each morning but I will also be praying that any soul feeling that it is time to end it waits just another day (then another and another until they get better). Turns out just a mechanical problemo. Well since we had some time Andy and I talked about me and why I live here in San Diego and commute. He thinks I am smart! He said I'd never want to live there if I did not have to. Ok, I'm not that adamant about not living in LA, but I do know that I love San Diego. He hopes to never have to leave San Diego and he only grew up in Irvine. HAHA He was hoping to get into work early today so he could leave early to watch the debates. Oh sounds like a blast! We talked more about me and I said I'd keep commuting unless I got married and had kids. Then I would really have to re-think everything. He looked at my ring finger a few times. LOL. You know I don't even remember if he was single. Shoot, I should probably figure that out soon. The train arrive and we both got on. I sat in one row and he sat behind me. We traded stupid comments here and there and then it was off to LALA land for me. Hmm kind like it is time for me to do again. I actually did the falling asleep jump like 2 or 3 times today. You know what I mean, the jump you did in class when you fell asleep. The jerk of your whole body before your head hits the desk. Oh it was so embarrassing. Good thing is that no one sat next to me again today. Oh I also forgot to tell you that after writing my post about rudeness yesterday, today like 5 or 6 people said hi or good morning or have a nice night to me. Funny huh! Ok seriously I have to go to bed.
Good Night

No comments: